The Group Legal and Secretarial department at the headquarters of a leading Manufacturing Engineering firm in Cheltenham is seeking to hire a highly organised Legal and Secretarial Administrator who will support the team by carrying out a wide variety of secretarial and administrative tasks. A brand new role, being created to ensure service delivery as another member of the team reduces their hours, this role will be carried out on a part time (two days per week) basis but some flexibility may well be needed as the role develops.
As the Group Legal and Secretarial Administrator, your pleasant character, friendly yet efficient manner and superior organisational and administrative skills will be what upholds the exceptional service that the business has come to expect from the department.
You will be responsible for:
- providing general administrative support relating to pensions, insurance, legal database, statutory accounts and anti-bribery training;
- answering emails and telephone calls, dealing with enquiries with tact, discretion and initiative;
- diary management, coordination of meetings, appointments and room bookings;
- photocopying, scanning and filing;
- maintaining systems and databases to reflect changes to personnel details;
- dealing with post and legal correspondence;
- supporting the department and Company Secretary with a range of administrative tasks and
- a variety of associated tasks in support of the smooth running of the department.
You will have (essentials):
- good Microsoft Office skills (sound but not advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- the ability to communicate professionally, efficiently and effectively with people from all areas of the business;
- advanced organisation skills;
- good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines;
- meticulous attention to detail;
- principled approach to working in a position of trust;
- aptitude to show initiative and
- the desire to work closely with a small, good-natured team.
You might have (desirables, not necessarily essentials):
- experience of working in a corporate legal and/or secretarial role;
- an understanding of legal terminology and the types of correspondence which might be handled by the department or
- experience of working with confidential and sensitive documents and information.
- two days per week, one of which must be Thursday, the other day can be arranged to suit from Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday and
- working hours are 08:45 - 17:15 with an hour for lunch. Lunch can be reduced to half an hour with start time or finish time adjusted accordingly of needed.
First interviews to be held Wednesday 27th July, second interviews to be held 1st, 2nd or 4th August.
Are you the skilled yet personable administrator we're looking for? If so, then please do send in your CV as soon as possible by clicking on the 'apply now' button to be considered.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.