Meridian Business Support is actively recruiting for an experienced Facilities Administrator for our leading Client in Swansea.
Our client is a successful and expanding organisation that specialises in the property industry and has a very impressive portfolio of properties they manage.
Based in the SA1 area of Swansea, the ideal candidate will be an experienced Administrator who is able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
Reporting to the Business Administration manager and Facilities Manager, day to day duties will include:
- Provide a comprehensive administrative management support function to the company's facilities management team, in particular the Business Administration Manager, Facilities Manager and General Manager.
- Provide support for meetings; including agenda preparation and distribution, venue/equipment/facility booking and to record and produce minutes in an agreed format.
- Respond promptly to routine enquiries requests for information. Either via face to face, written, using IT or by telephone. Ensuring that a positive departmental and corporate image is created and maintained at all times.
- Maintain the conference meeting room schedule and booking diary for meetings.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in both formal and informal situations with colleagues at all levels within the Company, and additionally, with students, FM contractors and University Stakeholders.
- Maintain and safeguard all documentation, records, filing systems and databases required to ensure compliance with the companies policies, data protection, financial and other regulations.
- Assist the Business and Administration Manager review relevant administrative processes and to contribute to their improvement. Providing recommendations on where efficiencies can be achieved.
- Undertake administrative duties in a thorough, accurate and timely manner with appropriate attention to detail. Responsible for the day to day administration of on-line FM Help Desk data entry.
- Assist in enhancing the security of residences by issuing temporary visitor permits and or access cards to visitors and FM contractors. Maintaining access logs accurately.
- Be adaptable to change and have the ability to acquire new and relevant skills and knowledge by taking appropriate responsibility for own personal and professional development.
- While dealing with internal or external enquiries, to understand and explore customer needs in order to adapt service accordingly.
- Support colleagues during student and conference guest arrival periods, issue, store and receive keys.
- Attend meetings as appropriate, contribute positively whilst ensuring that the views of other members are valued and respected.
- Demonstrated experience of providing an effective administration service, ideally within the Higher Education accommodation provision, Facilities Management and or hospitality sector.
- Ability to think proactively and laterally to maximise opportunities and efficiencies to promote the work, aims and objectives of the company.
- Ability to establish an effective rapport with stakeholders, respond appropriately and communicate information effectively.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual, as part of a team and in partnership with others. Self-motivated and capable of working unsupervised and to direct own work
- Exceptional organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to plan ahead to achieve results.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy Facilities Management office environment, while ensuring administration duties are undertaken well and should remain flexible to approach to their work.
- Working knowledge of current IT systems and packages (including Microsoft IT Packages). With accurate keyboard skills.
- Attributes; Punctuality, reliability, honesty and integrity
- Minimum 3 years administrative and or customer first service role. Experienced in a facilities management, property management or equivalent office environment.
- Ideally hold an NVQ Level 3 Business Administration or equivalent with willingness to undertake training.
- Flexibility in working some evenings and weekends during Open Days, Summer Schools and other events
- Ability to speak Welsh is a distinct advantage or willingness to undertake training.
- Prior to appointment the post holder will be subject to a DBS check.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.