The Product Life-cycle Management team of a leading Manufacturing Engineering firm in Cheltenham is seeking to hire a highly organised Administrator who will support the team by carrying out a wide variety of secretarial and administrative tasks on full time, temporary basis, until Christmas.
As the team Administrator, your pleasant character, friendly yet efficient manner and superior organisational and administrative skills will play a major part in the team ability to deliver the exceptional service that the business has come to expect from the department.
You will be responsible for (amongst other things):
- using Microsoft office applications (2007 or higher - Word, Excel, Outlook) to carry out administrative tasks;
- booking team travel requirements and making hotel reservations (including abroad);
- answering enquiries over the telephone and via email;
- maintaining department archive/documents/filing;
- managing the input of data onto employee time management systems;
- scanning and filing both paper and digital documentation.
You will have (essentials):
- demonstrable experience in office administration;
- sound Microsoft Office skills (sound but not advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- the ability to communicate professionally, efficiently and effectively with people from all areas of the business;
- advanced organisation skills with a hands-on approach;
- good time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines when needed;
- meticulous attention to detail;
- principled approach to working in a position of trust;
- aptitude to show initiative and
- the desire to work closely with a small, good-natured team.
You might have (desirables, not necessarily essentials):
- experience of working in an engineering environment with an appreciation for working with the documentation of engineered products;
- an NVQ in office administration or equivalent qualification.
Initial holiday entitlement is 28 days (inc Bank Hols) on a pro-rata basis.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and you would like to apply for this role, then please submit your CV using the 'Apply Now' function on this web site. We would be pleased to hear from you.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.