Account Manager - Ipswich
Our client, a Smart Cities and Transportation data provider, are looking for a well-rounded, experienced, tenacious Account Manager to join them in their Ipswich office to help grow their key client accounts in their core markets of Transportation, Intelligent Mobility and Smart Cities.
The successful candidate will be a technically minded individual who would be able to quickly develop an understanding of the data and technologies required to support the adoption of data solutions. This role will give the right candidate the opportunity to blend their highly developed client relationship and delivery skills, with their commercial desire to continually grow the value of their accounts by managing accounts of some of the world's leading technology companies.
Our client's goal is to help make transportation and mobility more intelligent and cities smarter. They will do this by providing data and software solutions to the world's leading data-driven organisations, cities & governments. We are looking for the right candidate to assist in this goal by retaining and profitably growing revenues through proactive management of key accounts, someone who can develop client relationships into strategic partnerships, maximising revenues from new and additional product sales and leading the sales process for your assigned accounts, calling upon others to assist in solution development and proposal delivery, as needed, or as requested by your manager. You will support the client/commercial planning process that identifies client needs, continuously testing value propositions and products with clients and align initiatives with the companies' strategic objectives. You will develop and maintain client account plans for all assigned accounts, proactively manage client satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems and monitor client satisfaction. Managing the transition of assigned clients from the Business Development team across the account management team, you will Network and build relationships with key industry stakeholders to uncover commercial opportunities. You will maintain excellent visibility of your revenue pipeline through Salesforce and be adept at meeting and exceeding your sales targets and metrics whilst maintaining knowledge of developments in your target sectors through attendance of relevant industry events and monitoring of on and off-line publications and forums.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Experience of managing key client accounts, selling software platform and data-driven solutions to blue chip technology companies
- Self-starter, highly accountable, target-driven and results-focused with a track record of delivering against objectives and key account revenue growth and profitability targets
- Demonstrable ability to consistently meet or exceed client satisfaction ratings
- Strong networker with excellent contacts and networks among key players operating within the Transportation, Intelligent Mobility and Smart Cities sectors
- Strong sector knowledge and understanding of the commonly used data formats and tools used by professionals in these markets
- Demonstrable ability to develop long term client relationships and grow account revenues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience of successfully leading and writing bid proposals for Public Sector tender and Innovate UK competitions and grants
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team dealing with high profile candidates in the Transportation and Smart Cities data sector.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.