Are you a 2nd / 3rd line Support Engineer looking to take your first step into the world of Infrastructure?
My client based in Milton Keynes are looking for strong, experienced 2nd/3rd line Support Engineers who are passionate about moving into a clearly defined infrastructure career path. Working within the Infrastructure team but reporting to both the head of support and the infrastructure team, the role provides the appointed candidate with the skills, knowledge and opportunity to progress their career on to "Infrastructure Engineer" (reporting only to the infrastructure team) and then on to "Senior Infrastructure Engineer" status.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Administering and monitoring virtual Server Infrastructure / building new servers
- Troubleshooting and resolution - administering back ups and restores, patching servers, administering Active Directory, installing, maintaining and supporting new applications and infrastructure, patching, anti-virus,TCP/IP and general LAN/WAN trouble shooting
- Maintain security Infrastructure including antivirus software, firewalls and endpoints
- Project work
- Create, manage and evolve policies, processes and procedures whilst working to SLA thresholds
The ideal candidate should...
- Have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills - TCP/IP and general WAN/LAN
- Considerable VMWare experience - HA, DRS
- Significant experience supporting a Citrix Xenapp Farm, administration and implementation of Cisco, Route and Switch experience (CCNA or CCNP desirabe)
- SAN storage administration (Netapp)
- Key understanding of ITIL Framework
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.