about 1 month ago
SALARY £ COMPETITIVE
Located on the River Humber, my prestigious client, a Shipping and Ports company have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Workshop Supervisor to work within their Equipment Facilities workshop.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager you will assist in meeting the demands of a busy workshop that maintains Port related equipment, such as line equipment and trailers ensuring that they are kept in a good working order and meet legal specifications.
Duties for the Workshop Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the efficient and effective running of the Workshop and Spares department.
- Liaising closely with suppliers, contributing fully to the daily operations and ensuring all activities are carried out in line with current Health and Safety requirements.
- Carrying out internal audits and prepare risk assessment of activities for preparation of Safe Systems of Work.
Skills / Attributes for the successful Workshop Supervisor:
- Supervisory experience.
- An engineering background with experience in light commercial repair (formal training would be advantageous)
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external contacts.
- Team player who is flexible in approach.
- Able to work well under pressure.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.