£16 - £17 per hour
about 1 month ago
The role is on a temporary, ongoing basis and will be working in a modern, well equipped, safe and tidy factory environment.
The company manufacture and supply a vast range of specialist products to various industries across the globe. The successful candidate will help strengthen the workforce and will be required to be highly engaged, proactive and show a keen attitude towards meeting customer requirements.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Reading & accurately interpreting engineering drawings
- Accurately using measuring equipment required for welding
- Carrying out completing quality checks
- Loading & unloading work in progress on to the machine
- Setting up automated welder
- Troubleshooting as required
- Running batches of material
- Identifying good & bad welds
- Working in line with set efficiency targets
- Adherence to all H & S rules in relation to the workshop environment
- Ability to read & accurately interpret engineering drawings
- Basic weld knowledge
- Mechanical aptitude & problem solving nature
- Awareness of H & S requirements relative to the engineering environment
- Computer literate (basic)
- Meticulous eye for detail & ability to work in line with quality standards
- Strong numeracy & literacy skills
- Welding experience is advantageous but not essential
- Mechatronics / Automation experience would be beneficia
- Competitive rate of pay - Shift premium payable for evening shift work
- 4 night working week - excellent work life balance
Monday – Thursday 6pm – 6am
Easily commutable from Gloucester, Tewkesbury and surrounding areas.
Please use the 'Apply' button. All enquiries are confidential. We look forward to hearing from you.