Up to £25000 per annum + Pension & Private Medical
The Recruitment Team
17 days ago
Warehouse Team leader - DAYS - PERMANENT ROLE -£25,000pa
Are you an experienced Team leader and looking for a new exciting challenge?
Our client is a leading National Logistics company, looking for a Warehouse team leader to join our team at our new site based out of Ashford.
- £25,000 pa
- Working any 5 out of 7 either on a 06:00 - 14:30 OR 14:00 - 22:30
- Contracted to 37.5 Hours per week
- 25 days holiday & Pension scheme
As a warehouse team leader will be a vital member of warehouse operation, you will be overseeing a team of operatives, who are ensuring all goods in & goods out of warehouse is accounted for.
Using your experience at leading a team, you will ensure accuracy of all the checks as per company standards are adhered to by the operatives. Whilst overseeing these checks, you will also use your experaince of working to KPI's are targets to ensure that your team are achieveing these.
Security clearance will need to be gained and therefore vigorous pre employment vetting will form part of the recruitment process.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure conduct and behaviour to be compliant with the award-winning Business Health & Safety legislation and guidelines
- Compliance with all Business policies and procedures
- React to change due to operational and client requirements and carrying out duties in a professional and timely fashion
- Work in a team environment
- Be committed to continuous development in line with operational needs, constantly striving for increased efficiency, productivity and growth
- Ensure that any issues are escalated to management
- Ensure time and attendance within Company set standards
- Flexibility - overtime requirements
- Operate customer & IT systems as required
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and an accurate and precise way of working
- Carry out operational tasks as requested in order to achieve departmental and site objectives
- Ensure the correct handling of all client products is carried out at all stages within the facility
- Complete all relevant documentation accurately as required in order to provide a quality service to our client and, therefore, contributing to greater operational efficiency
- A range of duties to support the operational efficiency and general housekeeping and hygiene standards of the warehouse and site
- Operate within the Business values - Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Proactivity, Togetherness and Trust
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have 12 months experience as a supervisor/Team leader in logistics/warehousing/construction or Retail.
- Must have experience in stock control - checking goods in & out, reviewing paperwork & re-packing
- Must be capable of managing & adapting to fluid & changing priority workloads
- Must be able to provide and understand the need for a high standard of customer service
- Must have a positive & proactive, flexible attitude to resolve issues and challenges
- Must be PC literate and numerate with good communication skills
- Must have an ability to use IT Systems in accordance with training provided including MS Office
- Must have an attention to detail to assume quality checking/quality control
- Must have experience Supervising teams & ability to train others to a high standard
- Must be experienced in Compliance with manual handling procedures
Please APPLY ON LINE , if you have any question please give us a call on 0118 907 3199 Option 1 Manger vacancies, Option 2 for all other vacancies.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.