Up to £27661 per annum + Pension
23 days ago
Warehouse Team Leaders required for Permanent roles based in Farnborough. These Team Leader roles are key to the success of this new set up and we are looking to recruit several Leaders for this fantastic company.
The main area of responsibility is the management of all activities associated with the operation. This includes AOG (Aircraft on Ground) management, prompt receipt, handling, storage, inspection packing and despatch of all items, ensuring total accuracy and quality always. You'll also be responsible for ensuring all operations are conducted safely and in line with the latest working instructions.
Key parts of your role will involve:
- Coordinating the workload across the operation and reporting to the Operations Manager in the event of needing extra resource
- Continuously developing a highly motivated workforce
- Hold daily meetings with the team to communicate work levels and solve any issues that may be raised
- Recruit and induct new starters into the business using the agreed induction process
- Ensure that all new starters are enrolled onto the departmental training plan and are fully trained in all areas with ongoing support
- Develop and maintain effective KPI's covering as a minimum, process efficiency and accuracy in line with contractual requirements
- Facilitate the receipt, handling, storage, inspection packing and despatch of all customers' assets and all associated tasks in line with the agreed contract
- Carry out effective planning of workload/volumes and best utilise the labour resource to meet customer's expectations
- Direct and motivate the team to maintain and improve the production process and associated administrative systems
- Attend management meetings to provide details on performance, highlight any issues, discuss resource
- Take the responsibility for safe-keeping, delivery and accounting for customers goods. Provide a professional responsive service for information to customers
- Continually seek to identify areas for improvement in all activities / personnel under your direct control
- Promote the company's policies on health & safety, quality, environment, induction and training, as well as other relevant matters in the company information manual
- Provide an excellent customer service relationship with the customer in terms of quality and response
- Daily reports, gathering information from previous day's work to report in the management briefing.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge required:
- Experience of leading, coaching and developing a team
- Experience of working to agreed targets
- Excellent customer facing skills and ideally used to working directly with the customer
- Understanding of warehouse practises e.g. picking, packing, goods in and loading
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to multitask
- PC literate
- Understanding of KPIs
- Ability to influence a team
- Reliable and committed to attending work on time
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a drive for results
- Accurate with strong attention to detail, methodical and organised
- Flexibility is key with this new project to ensure the team overcome any new set issues as quickly as possible
Salary: £12.67 per hour (£27,661 per annum)
Hours: 4 days working and 4 days off, 6am - 6pm (42 hours)
Benefits: Full details of benefits will be provided if invited to interview
Please note, safe working practices will take place throughout the recruitment process and when you start work for this essential role, during Covid 19.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.