£38000 - £45000 per annum
01392 423 301
over 1 year ago
Salary: up to £45k p.a
Contract Type: Permanent
Our client, a renowned Southwestern company based in Exeter has an exciting opportunity for a Network Administrator to join the IT team. You will be a proactive self-starter, committed to providing technical support for around 200 users and being a core part of the company’s huge growth plans.
Network Administrator Responsibilities
- Build, deploy and administer the corporate network, servers (physical and virtual) and SANs. Ongoing monitoring and optimisation to maintain high availability.
- Design and maintenance of MS-Windows Active Directory.
- Configure and maintain network routing, switching and Wi-Fi AP hardware and all aspects of internal IT systems infrastructure.
- Manage ISP services inc. MX / SSL etc.
- Management of our internal IP phone systems and voice / SIP comms.
Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level in computing, numerical or scientific discipline is desirable
- Experience as a Certified MS Network Administrator or Engineer (MCP/MCSA/MCSE) or relevant position managing secure networks in a MS-Windows environment in a multi-disciplined, enterprise organisation.
- Strong network hardware knowledge and experience with a history of successful design, specification, build, installation, and configuration of virtual network platforms; inc. Host, SAN and NAS infrastructure.
- Trained / certified with demonstrable knowledge of Windows Server and desktop operating systems configuration & troubleshooting Active Directory is essential for this position.
- SCCM/MECM skills would be advantageous.
- Experience of Azure and Mail 365 configuration and administration would be advantageous.
- Trained / certified in virtual server network technologies, specifically ESXi and VMware 6.5 and above configuration and administration. VCP accreditation advantageous.
- Skilled in all aspects of Veaam configuration and administration.
- Very strong TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP and LAN/WAN/VLAN skills. Experience of HP and Cisco switches and routers with fibre is preferable. CCNA/CCNP accreditation advantageous.
- Very strong Powershell / CLI scripting skills are required.
- 6.4 Weeks holiday including bank holidays
- Flexible hours
- Free Eye Test
- Positive working environment
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
- Staff discount
- Provide training
With an upcoming move to state of the art purpose built offices, and manufacturing facility at Skypark, Exeter in Summer 2022. This is an exciting time to join this Company and work within a dedicated and passionate team.
Working Hours Monday to Friday 38.75pw. This role offers the opportunity to work remotely for two days per week following a successful probation period
Office location is close to the M5, with good transport links.