Up to £25000 per annum + Pension & Private Medical
The Recruitment Team
30 days ago
Warehouse Supervisor - PERMANENT ROLE -£25,000pa
Are you an experienced warehouse supervisor and looking for a new exciting challenge?
Our client is a leading National Logistics company, looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our team at our new site based out of Ashford.
- £25,000 pa
- Working any 5 out of 7 on a Rotating shift pattern
- Contracted to 37.5 Hours per week
- 25 days holiday & Pension scheme
As a warehouse supervisor will be a vital member of warehouse operation, you will be overseeing a team of up to 25 inspection operatives, who are conducting quality checks on goods in & goods out of warehouse.
Using your experience within stock control & good's in or good's out, you will ensure accuracy of the inspection checks are adhered to by the operatives. Whilst overseeing these inspections, you will also carry out spot checks to ensure quality control is within company standards.
Security clearance will need to be gained and therefore vigorous pre employment vetting will form part of the recruitment process.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure conduct and behaviour to be compliant with the award-winning Business Health & Safety legislation and guidelines
- Compliance with all Business policies and procedures
- React to change due to operational and client requirements and carrying out duties in a professional and timely fashion
- Work in a team environment
- Be committed to continuous development in line with operational needs, constantly striving for increased efficiency, productivity and growth
- Ensure that any issues are escalated to management
- Ensure time and attendance within Company set standards
- Flexibility - overtime requirements
- Operate customer & IT systems as required
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and an accurate and precise way of working
- Carry out operational tasks as requested in order to achieve departmental and site objectives
- Ensure the correct handling of all client products is carried out at all stages within the facility
- Complete all relevant documentation accurately as required in order to provide a quality service to our client and, therefore, contributing to greater operational efficiency
- A range of duties to support the operational efficiency and general housekeeping and hygiene standards of the warehouse and site
- Operate within the Business values - Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Proactivity, Togetherness and Trust
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have 12 months experience as a supervisor in logistics or warehousing.
- Must have experience in stock control - checking goods in & out, reviewing paperwork & re-packing
- Must be capable of managing & adapting to fluid & changing priority workloads
- Must be able to provide and understand the need for a high standard of customer service
- Must have a positive & proactive, flexible attitude to resolve issues and challenges
- Must be PC literate and numerate with good communication skills
- Must have an ability to use IT Systems in accordance with training provided including MS Office
- Must have an attention to detail to assume quality checking/quality control
- Must have experience Supervising teams & ability to train others to a high standard
- Must be experienced in Compliance with manual handling procedures
This role would suit: Inspection Supervisor, Logistics Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor, Checking Supervisor, quality checker, quality controller
Please APPLY ON LINE , if you have any question please give us a call on 0118 907 3199 Option 1 Manger vacancies, Option 2 for all other vacancies.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.