Warehouse Supervisor-South Tyneside
Our client a global market leader in their industry (clothing/fashion) is currently looking for Warehouse Supervisors to join their organisation and an exciting time of growth, making this a brilliant opportunity for the right person.
YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITHIN A CLOTHING/FASHION WAREHOUSE ENVIRONMENT
Working as a team of supervisors you will be responsible for several duties including: -
- Plan and co-ordinate incoming goods, storage and despatch of orders in a timely and efficient manner to achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as determined by the Shift Manager.
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload. Deploy staff to other departments within the warehouse so priorities are met.
- Communicate clear precise instructions and job expectations to all warehouse operatives on shift.
- Monitor sickness and absence levels on a daily/weekly basis, ensuring all Return to Work paperwork is completed in a timely manner and passed over to Shift Manager for review.
- Document all stock movements on a shift basis, through conventional paperwork and in-house date base system/mobility.
- Where required carry out investigations and deal with conduct/disciplinary issues with the authority to issue up to first written warning level.
- Undertakes performance appraisals and proactively deal with performance issues including the provision of training to address shortfalls in performance.
- Takes part in the recruitment process for Warehouse Operatives joining the business.
- Responsible for providing a thorough handover at the end of the shift to assist in the smooth running of the next shift and for taking any action needed when being handed over to from the previous.
- Warehouse Experience in a supervisory manner within a clothing business
- Sound knowledge of warehouse systems & procedures
- Strong proven people manager with the ability to motivate/ engage/communicate with staff and tackle staff performance issues
- Sound knowledge of IT software packages (Windows, Excel & In-house data bases)
- Flexibility and co-operation in relation to overtime working and assisting other departments when deemed necessary
- Ambitious and happy to be part of a growing organisation
- £24000-£26,000 per annum
- 25 days Holiday + Stats (This increases with length of service)
- Discount of company products
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.