Up to £29102 per annum
14 days ago
We have several opportunities for Night Warehouse Operatives required on a Permanent basis in Farnborough. These Warehouse roles are key to the success of this new set up and we are looking to recruit several people for this fantastic company.
Your role will be to ensure that products are processed and handled correctly through the warehouse in the correct and safe way, to make sure that the customer requirements are met every time. There will be plenty of variety in the role as you will be carrying out, picking, packing, goods receipt, checking stock, loading and unloading of vehicles, updating the computer system, ensuring that the environment is kept tidy.
This company is looking for people to not only pick and pack the customer goods but to also contribute to continuous improvement projects and ideas and be prepared to undertake other activities to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge required:
- Experience of working to agreed targets
- Understanding of warehouse practises e.g. picking, packing and loading
- Strong working knowledge of computerised inventory procedures to include experience in material services, inventory control.
- PC literate, if you've got experience of SAP or Corridor, this would be advantageous
- Experience of working with customers
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable and committed to attending work on time
- Good Communication skills - written and verbal
- Accurate with strong attention to detail, methodical and organised
- Flexibility is key with this new project to ensure the team overcome any new set issues as quickly as possible
- A full Driving licence is advantageous but not essential
- Counterbalance Forklift licence desired and a pallet stacker licence is also desired (if not, training will be provided)
- For those driving or using a Forklift you will be required to pass a medical fitness to hold Airside Drivers Permit, driving company vehicles and operating lifting equipment (MHE)
Salary: £13.33 per hour (£29,102 per annum)
Hours: 4 nights working and 4 nights off, 6pm - 6am (42 hours)
Benefits: Full details of benefits will be provided if invited to interview
As this is a secure site, all candidates will need to provide 5 years work history and will be required, once accepted, to apply for a basic DBS.
Please note, safe working practices (social distancing) will take place throughout the recruitment process and when you start work for this essential role, during Covid 19.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.