0118 907 3199
about 1 month ago
We are looking for a Warehouse Operative to join our successful team based out of Bristol (BS2).
- Contracted to 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Shift times: 10:00 - 19:00
- No bank holiday working required
- Benefits: Pension scheme, Life assurance, 25 days holiday
As a Warehouse Operative, you will be support both inward & outward stock deliveries, picking and packing products from our vast product line to complete customers' orders and ensure accuracy on each and every order is completed and sent out right first time.
You will be working in a team of 8 - 10 people team in the regional distribution centre so team work is paramount to ensure you and the team to deliver against distribution targets and support the branch network with delivers.
Warehouse Operative - The Role:
- Facilitate all inward stock movements for the Hub efficiently, following company procedures, and using IT systems where appropriate
- Pick and pack goods to fulfil customer orders in an efficient, timely and safe manner
- Manage and maintain the stock integrity and ensure accurate completion of all cycle-counts and stock-takes
- Actively maintain and improve housekeeping standards ensuring that stored goods are kept tidily and in the correct place
- Where relevant use any mechanical handling equipment in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure that with all aspects of Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with in all daily activities
- Contribute to the effective operation of the hub by supporting other staff in meeting Customer Service levels
- Continually review operating systems, procedures and practices, recommending any changes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency and to reduce costs
- Using IT systems such as M3 or Microsoft Office where appropriate
- Supporting in other areas of the operation as and when required
Warehouse Operative - The Person:
- Customer focused, with good communication skills
- To have had experience of working in a fast-paced role, whilst maintaining a consistent eye for detail
- A flexible approach and an ability to work under pressure
- An ability to embrace change and new technologies
- Experience within a multi-product warehouse environment (ideally)
- Basic IT skills
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE TODAY
Our client believes that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, they will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.
Would Suit: Warehouse operative, retail assistant, Labourer, driver, shop assistant, customer service