£9.66 per hour
020 8680 5777
27 days ago
As a Warehouse Operative you will be ensuring the safe handling of artworks for packing/crating, in transit and during on-site projects. This role is to assist in the lifting, moving and packing of pieces of art for galleries, exhibitions or private storage, as well as loading and unloading vehicles. Some items are extremely valuable so delicate care and attention must be used at all times. There will be some heavy lifting on occasion also. This is a warehouse based role and flexibility to undertake tasks and a keen willingness to learn new skills is absolutely essential.
Hours: Day shifts! Currently working 08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday (1 hour lunch) = 40 hours per week
Pay: £9.66 per hour
Plus, option to join a company-wide scheme that offers valuable discount vouchers and lifestyle benefits ranging from money off shopping to discounts on holidays, along with Personal Accident Insurance cover.
Duration: Ongoing temporary booking - reviewed/extended fortnightly or monthly
To be successful as a Warehouse Operative in this role you will ideally need to have:
- Experience in a warehouse or removals environment
- If you have an interest in art then so much the better but this is not essential for this role
- You will be personable and a good team player
- Happy and able to lift heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs) and able to bend, kneel, crouch etc - 95% of the role is lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of 10 - 20 lbs
- Due to the confidential nature of what is being stored and the nature of the client, you will be required to complete a full Credit check and DBS check before starting (which will be paid for by Meridian)
- You will also need to be able to supply reference details for the last 5 years due to the client’s requirements and will not have lived/worked outside the UK for more than 6 months in the last 5 years.
Please apply ASAP! Positions are likely to go quickly!