Up to £40000 per annum + Pension & Private Medical
The Recruitment Team
24 days ago
Warehouse Operations Manager - PERMANENT ROLE - £40,000pa
Are you an experienced Warehouse Operations Manager and looking for a new exciting challenge?
Our client is leading National Logistics company, looking for a Warehouse Operations Manager to join our team at our new site based out of Solihull, Birmingham.
- Working any 5 out of 7 - Weekend work will be required
- Shift times: 06:00 - 14:30 & 14:00 - 22:30 on a rotating shift pattern
- Contracted to 37.5 Hours per week
- 25 days holiday, Private Medical Insurance & Pension scheme
Security clearance will need to be gained and therefore vigorous pre employment vetting will form part of the recruitment process.
As part of the senior management team , You will be an integral member of a 400 strong warehouse operation, you will own the delivery of KPI's and operational targets and use your strong leadership skills you will inspire and developed a team of up to 80 colleagues per shift which includes the wider warehouse operation in a highly pressurised environment.
Drawing on your previous experience, you will strive to provide continuous improvement in every aspect of the operation, You will actively collaborate with stakeholders to provide a joined-up delivery on commitments and be a champion of our culture of trust & drive an award-winning H&S standard.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Operations Manager is required to liaise with stakeholders to coordinate flexing of site capacity to suit flow of processing volumes
- Delivering excellent service, meeting all financial/ budgetary KPI's and contractual commitments
- To work in conjunction with the site key stakeholders and contractor leadership team to ensure the transport operation meets the needs of our client and their customers
- Ensure that all shift activities are completed in line with all legislative/procedural guidelines
- Nurture and develop your team driving for continuous improvement and progression, using relevant management tools
- To actively work collaboratively with all department to provide a joined-up delivery of operational requirements
- Responsibility for the day to day implementation of site people policies, engagement of colleagues and undertaking all activities relating to direct management of an operational management team
- To champion our culture of trust, respect and togetherness in line companies missions and values
- Investing in and driving our award-winning health and safety standard
- Operations Manager to inform Authority of any emergency and security incidents where appropriate
- Informed of any children / minors that are on site
- Except for protest incidents, the Duty Manager does not go to the scene of any incident
- Promote and support Covid-19 required measure
- Control of and responsibility of the Incident Log
- Responsibility of data security
- Responsible for management and control of ensuring Visitor's Log is maintained for Site visitors, contractors and delivery personnel
- Final liaison point for all Site issues
- Coordination of all incidents
- Responsible for ensuring all Site Operator Personnel duties are covered i.e. coordinating leave and sickness absences
Experience & Qualifications
- Must be a natural leader, who can coach, nurture & develop your team, helping them to achieve and exceed their KPI's and deliver on department objectives
- Must have 2 year's experience as Operations Manager in a similar environment
- Must have 2 year's experience leading & developing teams
- Must be experienced at managing process for high volume goods at warehouse or depot
- Must have experience of managing a team within a fast-paced operation, ideally within a logistics environment
- Must display clear communication skills at all levels with clients, colleagues and reports
Please APPLY ON LINE
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.