Our client based in Northumberland is looking for a Warehouse controller to join the team on a 6 month Fixed term contract.
Main duties to include:
- To manage the performance of the warehouse supervisors and their staff, including recruitment, induction, training, absence, time keeping and discipline in accordance with Company policy.
- To review current operations and recommend / implement 'best practice' for storage, retrieval and dispatch of goods.
- To ensure an effective liaison between the Warehouse, Production and Production/Materials Management to maximise the efficiency of the warehouse.
- To assist in the maintenance of relevant systems and procedures for the location and retrieval of finished goods stock.
- To work with the Safety Department to introduce and maintain effective safety policies for the warehouse.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good standard of IT skills and competent use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Line-management experience.
- Relevant related work experience (working knowledge of warehouse management and distribution essential).
- Substantive knowledge and experience of FLT operations.
- Knowledge of Site Health and Safety Rules.
- Good standard of secondary education.
- Recognised safety training qualifications.
Please submit your CV for consideration to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.