about 2 months ago
As part of the team you will support day to day production processes, mainly quality and optical preparation.
- Maintain all tools, equipment and work areas so they are in a clean and tidy condition and ready to use at all times.
- Preparing product for vacuum coating processes.
- Inline test of coating runs ensuring that they are within the correct parameter and tolerances.
- Working from engineering drawings, schematics, manuals to prepare the product for vacuum coating processes and to assemble and clean components to meet the agreed quality standards.
- To be able to work in a clean room environment.
- Using computer aided test facilities to perform standard or prescribed tests to meet specifications, as required.
- Inputting data into manufacturing data base promptly and accurately on a daily basis.
- Accurately complete production documentation.
- Use only the appropriate tools, calibrated as necessary.
- Assist with NCR investigations to improve efficiency of manufacturing processes.
- Work with the Team Lead and VC group to implement the company's policies and goals.
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent computer skills, in particular data analysis using Excel.
- Good manual dexterity and an eye for detail.
- Routine problem solving capability.
- Ability to be flexible to meet the needs of the business and work in a number of different departments across the company.
- Able to work in an organised manner, multi-tasking on occasions, quickly and under pressure when needed
- Great communications skills, both internally and externally
- Used to working from engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of vacuum coating processes would be advantageous.
- Experience of working in manufacturing and/or quality would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of dealing with exports, dispatches, couriers etc. would be advantageous.
We've got 2 shift patterns available:
- Monday to Friday 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm rotating
- Night shift - Sunday to Thursday 10pm-6am which will be introduced after a few months training, until then you will be required to work days and/or afternoons
Apply within or give us a call for more details.