Newton Abbot, Devon
Up to £9.92 per hour
8 months ago
PART TIME UPHOLSTERER - FINAL ASSEMBLY
We are looking for an experienced upholsterer to contribute to the activities of the upholstery team to achieve daily targets.
This permanent role is based near Newton Abbot and due to the location candidates would benefit from their own transport although there is a bus route from Newton Abbot.
- Stretch various fabrics to fit the upholstered parts by hand.
- To confidently use both manual and pneumatic staple gun.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure the most efficient use of time.
- Adjust or replace webbing, padding, and/or material and secure them in place.
- Read work orders and apply knowledge and experience with materials in order to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover work-pieces.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Liaising with the Production Manager for Final Assembly to maintain a fast and efficient flow of work between departments as determined by the customer needs.
- Ensuring all quality standards are achieved.
- Keeping equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reporting identified issues to line manager.
- Extensive experience of working with fabric and associated materials.
- Excellent practical and problem-solving skills
- Good administration skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- To be quality focused - A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges
- Possess a strong safety mindset to assure the work completed reflects the technical requirements within industry safety standards.
The hours are as follows;
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 07:30 - 16:00
This is a permanent role and subject to a six-month probation.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.