£10 - £12 per hour
01908 698 345
12 days ago
Temp to Perm
Are you an experienced Transport Supervisor looking for your next opportunity?
We’re looking for an experienced Transport Operator for our clients team based in Ely.
This is a temp to perm role based on a 40 hour week, working Monday – Friday, you’ll be ensuring that the Transport Planners deliver the customer’s products on time and in full using the most cost effective means possible and best use of available resources including maximising the utilisation of our clients Drivers in line with current driver hours and WTD legislation.
• Remote interview process
• Personal protective equipment provided or required Plastic shield at work stations
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitisation, disinfection / cleaning procedures in place
What your day will look like:
• Ensure that all deliveries are executed in line with plan provided by the Regional Planning Centre and are swapped around if any delays occur
• Through liaising with your drivers that you are fully aware of any delays and possible issues with delivery
• Point of contact with the Customer as required in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery
• Develop back haul lanes with both of our clients depots and 3rd party customers whilst maintaining fleet utilisation
• Source local agency drivers as and when required (in conjunction with our PSL) providing an accurate brief of job required
• Source local sub-contractors as and when required
• Co-ordinate and build key KPI reports for customer
• Ensure accurate trailer checks are completed and sent
• Ensure that site teams are aware that the loads meet safety standards
• Ensure adequate Pre-Briefing of Drivers is taking place to ensure that they fully understand their instructions
• Ensure adequate De-Briefing of Drivers upon their return to ensure that all documentation has been completed correctly
• All other transport office related duties including POD control and scanning
Additional Benefits Once Permanent.
• Healthshield: free cash health-care scheme for all employees including dependent children;
Dental, optical, physiotherapy, health screening, 24/7 counselling and more
• Employee perks: discount on trips, hotels, gyms, days out, restaurants, supermarkets and more
• Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
• Expanding portfolio of training opportunities and development plans
What we need from you:
• ‘Right To Work’ in the UK
• Full UK driving licence
• Experience of working in a busy Transport office
• Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation
• Knowledge of Continuous Improvement.
• Strong negotiating skills
• Good standard of education
• IT literate
• Knowledge of Health & Safety
• Commercial understanding
• Knowledge of transport systems.
Apply now for an immediate interview.