0118 907 3199
about 1 month ago
We are looking for a Transport supervisor to join our successful team within an Electrical Trade Wholesaler based out of Bermondsey (SE1).
- Contracted to 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Shift times: 08:00 – 17:00
- No bank holiday working required
- Benefits: Pension scheme, Life assurance, 25 days holiday
- Logistics/Warehouse experience essential
As a Transport supervisor, you will oversee the day-to-day operations in a warehouse environment, supervise and lead the drivers to drive fulfilment rates and provide training and coaching to ensure service level targets are consistently achieved.
You will also support the Warehouse manager with workloads & priorities within tight time scales and contribute to the implementing of operational strategy in line with business objectives.
- Monitor performance, drive improvement and resolve challenges and issues as they arise.
- Deliver customer expectations within defined service level agreements and to continuously improve customer service levels through accurate monitoring and process changes within a cost-efficient and traceable framework.
- Drive Logistics policy and procedure to motivate, lead and develop staff to achieve objectives and comply with company policies and procedures, addressing any shortfalls in performance, whilst continually striving for continuous improvement.
- Exhibit strong technical and operational experience in ensuring transport operations are tightly controlled on a next day and same day service offering
- Assist with the management of Microlise, Paragon and FORS compliance and accreditation within the Region.
- Promote Health and Safety standards within the Logistics Region, ensure compliance to the Rexel Health and Safety Policy, to seek out and implement methods to further improve performance.
- To review all Key Performance Indicators, with regards to miles, drops, postcodes, costs then take prompt and appropriate action to correct any shortfalls in those areas.
- Evidence is required to show year on year improvement to include improving MPG and driving style through detailed use of Microlise, reduction in vehicle damage and improved driver productivity inclusive of scheduled worked and driver performance.
- Systematically reconciles conflicting pressures into consistent and intelligent business decisions affecting both own their own job and the overall pressures on the team. Allocates tasks and workload efficiently across the team to obtain the best overall outcome. Deals with crisis calmly and efficiently.
- Develop and manage relationships with internal customers and third parties to determine their requirements and deliver in line with service level agreements.
- Ensures that daily work schedules for the Drivers are appropriately prepared and executed.
- Manage transport paperwork in line with Rexel site operating procedures and audit requirements.
- Ensure that the equipment and PPE necessary for Drivers are available and maintained to the required standards.
- Control and monitor costs within your area of responsibility e.g. driver overtime, absence, transport carrier costs.
- Proven background and/or knowledge of transport operations
- Must have previous management/supervisory skills, commercial awareness and experience working towards KPI’s and within a budget.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- A good knowledge and understanding of road transport legislation including Tachographs
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
Our client believes that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, they will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.
Suitable for: transport administrator, operations supervisor, operations team leader, logistics manager, transport coordinator, route planner, warehouse administrator, transport operator