0118 907 3199
3 months ago
We are looking for a Transport Supervisor to join our successful team within an Electrical Trade Wholesaler based out of Bristol (BS2).
- Contracted to 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Shift Times: 05:30 - 14:30
- No bank holiday working required
- Benefits: Pension scheme, Life assurance, 25 days holiday
- Previous Transport experience essential
As a Transport Supervisor, this will be a ‘hands on’ role, where you will help manage and co-ordinate the day-to-day work allocation of the drivers and vehicles in order to ensure that external and internal customer expectations are met.
You will also support the Cluster Transport Manager and Warehouse Manager with workloads & priorities within tight time scales and contribute to implementing operational strategy in line with business objectives.
Transport Supervisor - The Role:
- Manage the efficient route planning of the delivery vehicles and ensure that stock is moved efficiently and safely
- Manage relationships with internal customers and third parties to determine their requirements and achieve our service level agreements
- To ensure that warehouse and transport procedures and paperwork are compliant
- Manage compliance with all relevant procedures, such as freight transport legislation, commercial vehicle operating procedures, audit, security, environmental and health and safety policies
- To motivate, lead and develop staff to achieve their objectives, setting objectives, managing performance and addressing any shortfalls
- Control and monitor costs, such as driver overtime, absence, transport carrier costs
- Produce reports, information and feedback as required
Transport Supervisor - The Person:
- Experience of team supervision within a large warehouse / logistics environment is essential
- Experience of using vehicle planning routing software such as Paragon is highly desirable
- The successful candidate will be proactive, approachable, have an eye for detail and strong planning and organising skills
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Driving license
PLEASE APPLY ON LINE TODAY
Our client believes that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, they will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.
Also suitable for: Transport administrator, transport coordinator, route planner, warehouse administrator, transport operator