Transport Planner - Cheshire
I am working exclusively with a leading and reputable planning consultancy that is based in Cheshire but operates throughout the UK working on a variety of complex developments which vary in size and industry sector. This offering generates a substantial amount of transport planning work which forms an essential part of the planning proposals my clients produces for these new developments and as such this client boasts their own established and successful transport planning team.
However this transport planning unit also boasts its own client network and successful secures a range of specialist transport planning schemes. Leading into 2019 this transport planning work looks certain to grow and has therefore identified an opportunity to attack two more staff to join this team. This is a unique opportunity not only because its to join a great business, a very talented transport planning team and in a role where there is lots of potential, but also because it is the only transport planning team in Cheshire, meaning this isn't an opening that will present itself very often in this area.
We are looking for Transport Planners (or Technician's that work within a transport planning environment) that will have a combination of the following experience:
- 1-5+ years transport planning experience supporting private development projects;
- This will include producing transport assessments, transport statements and travel plans;
- Conducting transport planning tasks such as trip generation, access feasibility, study & design, scoping studies, traffic growth, noise/air assessments, traffic count specifications and updating traffic models.
- Skills with the following software: Linsig, Transyt, Arcady, Picady, Trics, Tempro, AutoCAD and GIS Software.
- May have some experience with producing fee proposals and liaising with clients.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a small and highly skilled transport planning team in Cheshire. This client prioritises a healthy work life balance, promotes career progression, rewards hard work and performance, and provides market leading salaries.
If you live in South Manchester or Cheshire, don't miss out on this one off opportunity. Get in touch.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.