Up to £18.26 per hour
8 days ago
We are currently looking for a Transport Manager to work for a local organisation based in Wellington, Somerset, maintaining and managing the fleet of up to 170 vehicles. The role will be responsible for leading the replacement programme for all vehicles and plant and managing the vehicle supply and maintenance contracts with external contractors.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Provide strategic direction so that fleet vehicles within services are procured, maintained, inspected and serviced and that the most cost effective and efficient fleet is maintained.
- Manage vehicle and maintenance budgets allocated in accordance with procedures and make timely budgetary recommendations.
- Advise on transport and plant in the organisation and advise Management team on alternative products and provide the necessary advice, guidance and direction to ensure equipment required for the provision of the service is suitable and available when required.
- Manage the procurement and maintenance contract for vehicle fleet and mobile plant. Monitor and manage contractors/partners performance information.
- Monitoring service performance and making appropriate interventions and look for improvements that can be made.
- Be primary Transport Manager taking responsibility for compliance with all license conditions and responding effectively to changes in guidance and regulations set by the Traffic Commissioner.
- Authorise/certify accounts, orders and invoices, within specified limits and ensure compliance with Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and relevant legislation.
- Carry out periodic analysis of accident trends and advise relevant manager.
- Check and approve schedules for MOTs, inspections and servicing.
- Manage contracts and suppliers for Sat Tracking, fuel, traffic signal system, license checks and on board CCTV.
- Monitor carbon emissions and fuel use and develop strategies to reduce fleet CO2 emissions through procurement of appropriate technology and achieving efficiencies in vehicle usage
- Responsible for assisting with budget setting of transport budgets for services and ongoing monitoring of the budgets
- Ensure good Health and Safety, and Equal Opportunity practice within the section and by contractors/partners.
Successful candidates will need to come from a Transport and Logistics background with responsibilities of managing a fleet of vehicles. Ideally with a CPC qualification and experience in managing O' Licensing. You will need to demonstrate a clear understanding of all legislation related to transport as well as sufficient mechanical knowledge of vehicles and mobile plant to make qualitative judgements and inspections on services, repairs and suitability of purchases.
This position is initially on a temporary basis, potentially for up to 9 months. The role will be home based with some requirement to visit the office in Wellington for on site meetings.
Rate of pay is £18.26 per hour working 37 hours per week.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.