This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established and growing company. Our client is a Financial Services provider, and they are looking for a Trainee Underwriter to join the team in Basingstoke.
We are looking for someone with a background in Financial Services, either lending or insurance would be ideal.
- Online assessments and resolution of queries
- Assess referrals against tolerances and fraud and identity checks
- Making judgements on varying degrees of credit worthiness
- Evaluate accuracy and authenticity of application details
- Validate applicant's identity where required
- Ensure that credit applications are decided on or not, in an accurate and timely manner making full use of all systems and processes available
- Provide internal and external customers with a professional and efficient service in an enthusiastic and knowledgeable manner to maintain and develop business relations
- Experience of either insurance, mortgage or consumer underwriting
- Experience of consumer underwriting preferable but not essential
- Strong credit assessment skills with the ability to review credit searches and fraud indicators to inform the decision and bank statements in order to make informed lending decisions
- Understanding of regulatory requirements (Consumer Credit Act, Anti Money Laundering, Data Protection, Treating Customers Fairly)
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment, taking the initiative to challenge and improve the processes
This is a full time role offering a salary circa £22,000 - £25,000 plus annual discretionary bonus (dependant on skills and experience) based in Basingstoke. This role offers and fantastic working environment and great benefits.
Please contact Gemma Lawrence at Meridian on 07876 250 447 to apply and find out more or email email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.