£20000 - £25000 per annum, Benefits: uncapped bonus, flex benefits, training, pension, birthday day off
0161 929 3860
4 months ago
There are few recruitment businesses that can boast the staff retention that Meridian can – from the Operations Manager (12 years service) to branch managers with 19 + years service and consultants with 10 years + service it is obvious that we know how to keep our staff engaged, interested and rewarded in their careers.
We have fantastic opportunity within our Built Environment division as a Trainee Construction Recruitment Consultant based in South Manchester.
You will be joining a team with a wealth of recruitment experience – all of which has been within the construction sector. The manager is a genuine expert in his field and has a wealth of both recruitment and sector knowledge to share – what they don’t know about recruitment isn’t worth knowing! Meridian’s Manchester Construction branch has been established for over 20 years and is one of the industry leaders within the North West and beyond – we are keen to keep driving this success and want you to help us with the ongoing growth of this successful branch.
Situated within our new Head Office in Concord Business Park, Manchester (free parking available), this is an ideal role for someone that enjoys working in a vibrant office with plenty of local amenities. Situated perfectly for public transport links including the metrolink, the office is modern, spacious and has the atmosphere you would hope to find in a busy and diverse work place.
• Salary: up to £25K + monthly commission bonus scheme
• Contracted to 42 hours per week • Working Hours: 0800**–**17:30 • Working Pattern: Monday to Friday
• 23 days Holiday + 8 Bank/Public Holidays + Birthday Off
• Benefits include – Bonus Scheme, Annual awards & Conference weekend, Pension, multiple lifestyle discounts, great training & development opportunities including your REC qualification
• Industry leading training with a clear career progression path
As a Recruitment Consultant no one day is ever the same. Meridian’s training is amongst the best in the industry and from your first day you will have the opportunity to attend numerous training workshops, some ran by our own training team and also some of the best external courses in the industry. We pride ourselves on the development of our colleagues, identifying their strengths and where people are best developed.
As anyone will tell you the best way to forge relationships is through talking – this role has a strong emphasis on both incoming and outgoing phone calls. You will need to be happy having conversations with people daily – let’s be clear here though – this isn’t a call centre. Whilst you will receive full training from some of the industry’s best and most experienced recruiters, we encourage people to find their own style and we will support you in finding your own way to make your recruitment career a huge success.
• You will initially work with the team to source candidates to place into temporary construction assignments in the North West & Nationwide
• Taking ownership of job advertising and posting
• Completing candidate registration
• Verifying documentation such as qualifications and right to work
• Ensuring that we send the right candidates to the right jobs
• Gaining market information
• Identifying and developing opportunities with existing and prospective clients
• Warm sales calls – lapsed clients
• Account management
• Client and candidate generation through social media channels
• Proactive, hard-working, and able to manage a fast-paced workload
• Personable and able to build strong relationships
• Attention to detail – getting things right first time
• Strong IT skills
• Previous sales experience may be beneficial but is far from essential – the skills above are far more important in our experience
If you are serious about a career in recruitment and you want to join a company with a proven track record of developing people’s careers and promoting from within please apply today and we’ll be in touch immediately.