£21000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: 23 days Holiday + 8 Bank/Public Holidays + Birthday Off
11 days ago
Meridian, a company rated STRONG in 2021 & growing at 44% per annum is enjoying its most successful period to date. Last year the teams developed through 3000 hours of training & 18 promotions have been secured this year so far. We want people who are passionate about their professional development and want to join us in our continuing mission to be the best agency in the land.
We have fantastic opportunity within our Built Environment division as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant in Twickenham.
You will be joining a team led by a Manager with over 14 years of recruitment experience – all of which has been within the Built Environment sector. It’s fair to say that he is a legitimate expert who is always keen to pass on his knowledge to his team. Meridian’s London branch has been established for over 15 years and is a force to be reckoned with in the South East – we are keen to keep driving this success and want you to help us with the ongoing growth of this successful branch.
Situated on the high street of leafy Twickenham, this role is ideal for those that want to avoid the real hustle and bustle of the city centre. Don’t get us wrong, there are still numerous eateries for lunch and a pub or two for those Friday after work celebratory drinks.
2 minutes’ walk from the mainline train station, on various bus routes, public transport is no problem. The office is spacious and has everything you would expect an office to have.
- Salary: up to £23K + monthly commission bonus scheme
- Contracted to 42 hours per week • Working Hours: 08:00**–**17:30
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday
- 23 days Holiday + 8 Bank/Public Holidays + Birthday Off
- Benefits include – Bonus Scheme, Annual awards & Conference weekend, Pension, multiple lifestyle discounts and great training & development opportunities including the REC recruitment apprenticeship programme.
As a Trainee Recruitment Consultant no one day is ever the same. Working with an experienced team you will become responsible for managing the relationships with our candidates. Not only those working for Meridian but also those that may work for us in the future and those that have worked for us in the past.
As anyone will tell you the best way to forge relationships is through talking – this role has a strong emphasis on both incoming and outgoing phone calls. You will need to be happy having conversations with people daily – let’s be clear here though – this isn’t a call centre. Whilst you will receive full training from some of the industries best and most experienced recruiters, we encourage people to find their own style and we will support you in finding your own way to crack the nut.
- You will work with the team to source candidates to place into temporary Built Environment assignments in London and the surrounding areas
- Take ownership of job advertising and posting
- Completing candidate registration
- Verify documentation such as qualifications and right to work
- Manage the payroll function
- Ensuring that we send the right candidates to the right jobs
- Gain market information
- Proactive, hard-working, and able to manage a fast-paced workload
- Personable and able to build strong relationships
- Attention to detail – getting things right first time
- Recruitment experience may be beneficial but is far from essential – the skills above are far more important in our experience
Get in touch immediately to speak to us in person about how we can work together and how we can forge your long-term career in recruitment.