Are you looking for an interesting career where you will gain valuable skills?
Do you have the drive and determination to work towards a long-term career with excellent prospects?
If so we have a fantastic opportunity for an eager Trainee to join a successful and expanding Freight Forwarding Company based near the Airport in Exeter.
No experience is necessary, you will receive excellent training and in return you will offer commitment to work towards the goal of becoming a fully trained Freight Forwarder.
What a former Trainee says about the role:
"4 years on and I am loving the job and I have found a career with great progression where you learn something new every day."
So if you want to work for this friendly, supportive and fun organisation then this is the career for you!
The successful candidate must be willing and able to adapt to what is required to keep the office running smoothly and efficiently.
- Cutting Documents for Import or Export consignments for both Air freight and Sea freight
- Negotiating with Airlines or overseas agents and shipping agents to gain competitive rates.
- Arranging Road freight consignments, both collections and deliveries.
- Creating and overseeing various aspects of Customs documentation
- Insurance schedules and certificates
- Filing / Administrative Activities
- Data Input
- Making and answering calls
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Good Telephone manner
- Good level of Mathematics ability
- IT Proficient including Microsoft office
- Ability to prioritise & organise
- Good ability to interact with customers & clients
- Excellent Team Player
- Flexible and willing to work overtime when required to meet the needs of the business.
- Full training will be provided in all aspects of this varied role.
- 20 days leave (rising by one day each 2 years, to a maximum of 25 days)
- Annual pay review
- Excellent career prospects within an expanding Company.
After 6 Months Probation:
Profit related bonus scheme (twice a year)
Overtime paid at time and a quarter
Pension scheme - Employer contribution 4%
After 1 years service:
Private health care scheme
Working Hours: 9.00am - 5.30pm (with hour for lunch) Monday to Friday.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.