Timber Frame Design Engineer - Leeds
Meridian is working with an award-winning urban property developer in Leeds who specialise in urban regeneration projects.
They are aiming to deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities across Leeds and Sheffield. They require timber frame design engineers for their large work shop in Leeds City Centre.
This role could suit an architectural technician or technologist with an interest in timber frame design.
- You will be working on some innovative projects ranging from residential to commercial builds - all traditional timber frames but using new techniques.
- Involvement in all parts of the process - from the pre-sales estimating and designs, through to preparing detailed drawings for the manufacturing of timber frames as well as timber roof trusses and floor joists.
- Attend sites; liaise with site management along with managing and planning project resources.
- Ensure a smooth handover during site installation.
- Provide quality products and services to support their plans for profitable growth.
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- HNC level or above in architectural technology, design for construction, steel or concrete detailing or similar.
- Good working knowledge of the design of timber frame, timber engineering / engineered wood products (e.g. roof trusses, joists, i-beams etc)
- Proficiency in CAD, revit desirable.
- Excellent communication and management skills.
- Motivated and driven but able to remain calm under pressure.
- You enjoy detail, producing work to a high degree of accuracy whilst remaining conscious of deadlines.
If you are a recent graduate or have 3-5 years of experience please forward your CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01642 233555
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry.
Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.