£35000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Up to 26 days holiday and pension
01392 423 301
7 months ago
Reporting into the Technical Director, the role will involve management of the Technical Publications Department staff and workload including the design, writing, editing and maintenance of a complete library of technical publications for this successful British manufacturer of quality product. The role will mainly be that of staff management, desktop publishing, translations, and technical authorship / editing. The work will not only cover the instructions for the entire range of products but may also include price lists, Marketing and Technical Support, clearance lists, labels, carton artwork etc. Setting up the documents and checking the accuracy of the detail before publishing it on the internal system, the internet and out to the public. You will be a superb Technical Author with management experience or a definite ability to lead and support others.
- Manage the Technical Publications department ensuring the production of high quality and accurate technical documentation for the end user/installer and legal requirements, ensuring the allocation of necessary resource for all fuel types and brands.
- Ensure that the technical documentation supports the requirements of the group; this includes liaising with the Export, Marketing and Technical/Customer Service teams as required for the clear presentation of information.
- Manage and oversee the Spare Parts process from creation to presentation, coordinating with Technical, R&D, Commercial and Customer Services to ensuring servicing, warranty and repair support.
- Liaise and assist with the creation of Marketing, Training and Servicing Support resources such as training material, videos and troubleshooting guides.
- Be able to demonstrate clear organisational skills, which will enable the control of a large library of both English and Foreign language documentation for the company, including the maintenance of Public Drives, websites and printing resources.
- Proven ability to control a library documentation to ensure all changes and modifications are recorded in line with the requirements of the company’s quality management system.
- Proven ability in the use of Adobe desktop publishing software to include Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Ability in the use of Solid Edge and Microsoft Office is also desirable and in particular, Word and Excel.
- Relevant experience in Technical Authoring, Document Control and Technical Publications Management
- Adobe desktop publishing software to include Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Management experience highly desirable.
24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
8.30-5 Monday to Friday