Up to £21020 per annum
3 months ago
We are working for a national charity dedicated to providing high-quality, personalised support to adults with learning disabilities and Mental Health.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our teams working across the Aldershot and Guildford areas.
You will be working across our supported living homes, for people with learning disabilities, Autism and additional support needs, so previous experience in this area would be an advantage.
You will be a driver, with access to a car, as you will be required to travel between locations, travel for training and also to the local office in Aldershot.
Duties and responsibilities :
- Day to day management of the service(s).
- You will provide support and supervision to the team of support staff
- managing the rota and ensuring staff are fully trained
- provide on the job coaching, feedback, and act as a role model
- You will also take part in an on-call rota to ensure that our staff have access to support when it is needed
The ideal candidates will have :
- Experience in supporting adults with learning disabilities and have skills and interests in direct line management of staff and developing others, being able to mentor your staff, as well as having the drive to work alongside your team to achieve positive outcomes for the people we support
- Need to be willing to work flexibly, including shifts and be able to drive.
- have (or be willing to work towards) a level 3 Qualifications & Credit Framework Diploma (QCF)
You will work alongside the Support Manager to ensure that our staff are providing excellent support to the people that we work with. As part of the management team you need to have excellent communication including verbal, written and IT skills and be organised, and plan your time effectively.
Benefits of the role :
- 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
- Access to our online discount portal, which we call affinity4you, that offers discounts off shopping, holidays, cinemas, days out and gym membership
- Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)
- Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life's issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
- Occupational Health support
- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Refer a friend scheme
Please apply within!
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.