Systems Developer - Exeter (Salary in the region of £29-£30k)
Working for a dynamic and growing business the Systems Developer will work with the friendly IT team, where you will provide development, integration and programming expertise on behalf of the IT function as well as drive the in-house development objectives associated with the implementation of key strategic projects.
- Ongoing development and expansion of the Company's MS-SQL-based CRM solution, Infor (SalesLogix). The use of CRM covers all post-sale customer-related technical issues, field engineer activities, the tracking of distributed products, e-marketing, supplier contract management and the management of various online services through integrated web services. All aspects of integration to both internal and external system are to be documented and source code version controlled.
- Sage ERP 1000 V3 is the core MS-SQL-based ERP solution used within the business. There are various Java Forms Control Extensions (FCE's) that provide added value client functionality to improve key operational areas of the business. These key programmes are to be developed further, in particular, to provide Extended Attribute data in multiple modules.
- The development and support of the ongoing roll-out of the in-house (Visual Studio, .Net / SQL / Windows CE) MS-SQL-based barcode scanning solution that automates stock receipts, location control and sales distribution from all the Group's main warehouses. Where appropriate, redefining the technical specification and design to meet local requirements and technology advancements will be required to keep the solution open to future upgrades and enhancements.
- The Company's web strategy, focusing on systems integration on all levels. Using the WordPress and Woo Commerce e-commerce platforms we have a commitment to integrate with our existing ERP and CRM solution to improve data accuracy and streamline process flow. Typically, this ranges from dealer online search statistics and end user information into CRM to a fully operational B2C and B2B capability. A combination of PHP, SQL and MySQL skills and a close working relationship with the web developers in the Marketing team are key to ensuring a stable but flexible working platform.
The person will: -
- Be educated to Degree level in Computer Science or a relevant numerical / scientific discipline;
- Have a strong commercial background with evidence of delivering benefits in a multi-functional organisation. The position involves considerable liaison with other staff throughout the business, therefore it is essential that the incumbent can demonstrate an awareness of how their contribution will add value to the Company's operations;
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of ERP, CRM, web-based and desktop productivity systems. Prior knowledge of Sage 1000 and Infor (SalesLogix) CRM would be advantageous;
- Have proven experience of successfully developing and implementing B2C / B2B / WMS solutions would be distinctly advantageous;
- Adopt a structured methodology to analysis, design, testing, delivery and support in carrying out all aspects of the role;
- Be diligent in generating and maintaining accurate and relevant technical documentation;
- Have the ability to quickly relate to, help and train the end user;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Be able to plan their own workload and demonstrate time management skills that ensure tasks are completed within target deadlines;
- Have the ability to work independently or part of a team.
Curious to find out more? Call Mags on 01392 423301 / 07788 978468 for a confidential chat and to receive the full job description
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.