£18714 - £22760 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Sleep in Rates
about 1 month ago
This organisation provides care to adults across England. They focus on always providing quality care in a variation of settings including residential, supported living and outreach. They also operate in a not-for-profit bases and invest their funds back into the services to ensure clients and staff are the focus of all decisions made.
This is a 24 hour, supported living service in Whitfield. You will be assisting one gentleman, at his own home, who has varying learning disabilities and epilepsy. This is a hands-on job where no two days are the same. You will be required to support with personal care, daily activities (cleaning, cooking, days out etc..) as well as supporting with medication while helping the service user feel as independent as possible. You will also develop excellent communication skills as the service user is non-verbal and uses a picture communication system.
The organisation endeavours to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support with a community feel.
This is a 24-hour service; therefore, flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:30am to 3:00pm and 2:30 pm to 10:00pm, waking nights (9:45pm - 7:45am), some weekends.
To apply for this role, you must have the following
- Experience with adults
- Passionate and caring attitude
- Commitment to personal development
- Mature minded
- Patience and understanding
You will be offered a salary of £18,714 based on 37 hours / £22,760 based on 45 hours. You will also take advantage of benefits such as access to blue light card discounts, exclusive discounts for all employees for gym, phones and shopping, 28 days holiday increasing each year to 30 days, with the option to buy and sell annual leave. Flexible benefit options such as bike to work and season ticket loans, pension and life assurance scheme and employee assistance scheme.
This company has a silver accreditation for investors in people and aim to train and develop their staff. Therefore, you can take advantage of extensive Learning and Development opportunities. This is an excellent company to pursue a career in care. You will have the opportunity to complete your L2&L3 Lead Adult Care Worker and a L3 Operational Team Leader course once probation has been completed, with the help of a mentor.
As the service user is the focus of our care, we have also included some of their own requests:
- I love to go to my favourite parks and for long walks in the countryside and going out for cake! Be mature minded and be able to forward plan, helping me develop my skills.
- I love a foot massage as it relaxes me and keeps me calm.
- I cannot speak but I can tell you what I want to do by using my picture communication system. You need to learn my language, and we can then have some fun.
- I must have a predictable, structured, and consistent routine.
- Fit and active as I love to go out walking, come rain or shine!
- Be mature minded and be able to forward plan, helping me develop my skills.
- Patient and understanding and do things the way I want them to be done.
- Be able to work strategically to reduce my anxieties and improve my quality of life.
- Be able to stick to the rules that will keep us both safe.
If you want more information on this role, or want to apply, please call Olivia at Meridian Business Support on 07425-675-166. alternatively send a Cv to Oforsyth@meridianbs.co.uk