£19553 per annum
0161 929 3144
about 1 month ago
We are looking for female support workers to join our supported living team in Dorset working with a lady with Learning disabilities who is passionate about Art, Crafts, Drama and Dance, and who is looking for support to assist her in developing these and other opportunities further.
You will need to be a driver (with a clean driving licence for insurance purposes) and be willing to drive this lady’s vehicle to enable her to access her chosen activities.
If you enjoy Art, Crafts, Drama and Dance and are looking for an exciting new role where no two days are the same, then apply today!
Affinity Trust is a charity organisation supporting people with learning disabilities to live in their own home and be part of their community.
Why join us?
Because the people we support are at the heart of everything we do, we truly value our incredible staff & are committed to ensure they are fully supported.
An Amazing Place to work
- This is the best job - You will not find a more interesting and rewarding job, you will be making a genuine difference to someone's life
- Our values drive everything we do
- You will get the opportunity to work with some great colleagues and work as “one team”
- You’ll have the opportunity to work flexibly with our range of shift types
- 28 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays), which we increase the longer you are with us.
- To acknowledge the amazing contribution you’ll be making to our (your) team, we will pay you a £200 welcome bonus after 3 months, then another £100 after 6 months & because we truly value your commitment, a further £100 bonus after 12 months to celebrate your Affinity Trust Birthday!
- All work and no play is not fun, so enjoy discounts in your favourite shops, restaurants, travel and great days out with your Blue Light Card that we will provide you
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- We will apply for and pay for an enhanced DBS for you
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements and a 15% overtime premium on hours over 37.5 per week
Development & Your Career
- You will get a great Induction to your new team along with amazing training opportunities that include the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- E-learning webinars
- Access to specialist care sector training, all fully paid for by us
- Loads of career progression opportunities
We Value you
- You are so important to us & we want you to really feel like part of the team - from day 1 you’ll have supportive management & a Buddy who will show you the ropes. You’ll also have full access to our online wellbeing centre
- We recognise our amazing staff in our 6 monthly Affinity Star Awards
- We hope you stay part of Affinity Trust & we celebrate that with Long Service Awards
- Your wellbeing & happiness will always be a priority, so you can access an excellent wellbeing programme, plus resources and a wellbeing champions network
- If all the above wasn’t enough you will receive ‘Thank You’ gift vouchers, be part of regular engagement surveys, attend regular forum meetings and can contribute to the staff newsletter, and to hear about the amazing work of your colleagues and the achievements of the people we support
Everyone is welcome
- We enjoy a diverse workforce and welcome applications from everyone
- We’re committed to being Disability Confident and we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy