£20.00 - £23.00 per hour
8 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Planning and Control Manager to work for one of our great local companies based in Taunton, Somerset. The role ensures smooth flow of materials from suppliers into the business to meet production schedules and to achieve delivery commitments made to customers. The role will grow to include outsourcing management as the business operation expands.
Key responsibilities will include establishing production schedules, managing material supplies, coordinating material logistics, management of suppliers and supplier quality, expediting production, maintaining ERP system data integrity, establishing and overseeing production processes and internal material movements.
Duties will include;
- Review, plan and acknowledge orders and make achievable production delivery commitments on behalf of the organisation.
- Maintain production schedules and capacity plans using the companies ERP system (Javelin) and through discussion with team members
- Establish and manage production systems for high volume production parts
- Provide production scheduling 'what-if' scenarios to inform order intake processes.
- Launch Work Orders and procurement requisitions to meet customer requirements.
- Provide scheduling information and prioritisation requirements to production teams.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes or new product launches to ensure timely transitions in material and production flow.
- Manage activities related to material requirements planning and materials purchasing.
- Define the procurement processes and procedures necessary to maintain effective control of material purchasing activities.
- Forecast demands to ensure that availability of materials or products and monitor forecasts to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Manage order placement and receipt processes.
- Develop material requirements and costs forecasts.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with suppliers for products and services.
- Identify improvement opportunities within the supply chain and lead targeted projects to improve overall supply chain and business performance.
- Manage team performance through effective coaching and team leadership practices.
Suitable candidates for this role will need to be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Production Scheduling, MRP and Lean
- Material Purchasing best practices.
- Familiarity with Contract Law.
- Experience managing materials logistics.
- Supply Chain Quality Management.
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Export Compliance and ITAR knowledge desirable
- Proven successful development, negotiation & management of a supplier base
- Demonstrated ability in effectively building and maintaining supplier relationships
- Experience in completing supplier evaluations and preparing Requests for Proposal and Quotation, relating to tender processes
- Understanding of project management methodologies
- Quality Management Reporting
- Knowledge of manufacturing execution systems (MES) such as Javelin would be an advantage, though full training will be provided.
A degree in Business Studies or similar qualification, or qualified by experience is required for this role and being a member of the Chartered Procurement Professional (eg MCIPS) would be beneficial but not essential.
This role is initially on a temporary basis for up to 6 months although there is a chance that this will be extended. The role is based in central Taunton, with free on-site parking.
During the current Covid-19 epidemic the position will be park home based and part site based, as required to meet tasks and responsibilities.
Hours of work are approximately 8am - 4pm but there is flexibility around start and finish times, the organisation does operate on a 24-hour basis so some shift work may be required.
Salary for the position is circa £40,000 on an hourly basis of £20.80 per hour.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.