£30000 per annum
0118 907 3199
18 days ago
Have you begun your career in supply chain buying and looking for a new challenge in 2021, want to work for a world leading organisation and develop your skills & unlock a permanent role in your chosen field?
Our client, a leading engineering manufacturer specialising in steam, is looking for a junior supply chain buyer to join the team & grow into the business, based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
- Salary - £30,000pa
- Contracted to 37.5 hours per week
- Working Pattern:Monday to Friday – 08.45 – 17.15
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Benefits include – Pension, Life Assurance & Medical Insurance
As developing Supply chain buyer, you will be a vital member within our supply chain. You will begin to take ownership of purchasing, supplier selection and develop supplier relationship management skills to exceed customer service levels alongside establishing ways of balancing supply and demand throughout the supply chain.
Ideally you will have learnt form 2-3 years in Procurement, ideally in Engineering, however, we will consider a developing background in procurement coupled with a willingness to develop skills for Implementing strategic changes
Using your solid experience within manufacturing /engineering supply chain sector, you will learn to support process improvements throughout our procurement process, analysing, implementing and delivering robust changes to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure prices negotiated with approved suppliers are consistent and competitive.
- Negotiate Terms & Conditions of Purchase with key suppliers.
- Develop and implement effective sourcing strategies to achieve excellent support on delivery and order fulfilment, competitive pricing.
- Develop procurement tools and applications, that strengthen the procurement process
- Ensuring adequate compliance with various standards.
- Develop supplier base to create a reliable and sustainable source of supply.
- Lead negotiation activities to drive and realise continuous improvement.
- Alignment of supplier agreements with business performance and cost objectives.
- Provide purchasing support for New Product Introduction [NPI], Product Engineering and other company initiatives managing cost and risk and maintaining continuity of quality
- Supplier compliance with company Supplier Sustainability Code
- Working with accounts department to ensure payment to agreed terms.
- Plan and execute procurement of finished goods from global manufacturers and suppliers.
- Inventory management: IQM reporting, warehouse capacity management, reduction and revaluation of stock requirements, product lifecycle management and related KPI’s
- Maintain purchase order status and shipment tracking in E1, responsibility for shipping tables and monitor open purchase orders to ensure on time deliveries. Maintain supplier KPI’s
- Maintain good working relationships and communicate directly with UK Sales departments and UK Supply DC to ensure smooth operations
Experience/Skills & Competencies:
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience within a Purchasing team
- Must have working knowledge of ERP (JD Edwards) or equivalent
- Experience in data collation and analysis.
- Happy to train to be a memberCIPS / APICS as a professional qualification
- Willing to develop experience around Competitive Purchasing / Tendering
- Willing to develop experience around Legal aspects, contract drafting and contract management
- Must be an analytical thinker who demonstrates initiative
- Good communication highly articulate.
- Ideally have experience within global purchasing Including HMRC customs import requirements
Please apply online today