£30000 per annum
0118 907 3199
about 1 month ago
Are you experienced in supply chain buyer and looking for a new challenge in 2021, want to work for a world leading organisation and utilise your experience?
Our client, a leading engineering manufacturer specialising in steam, is looking for an experienced supply chain buyer to join the team based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
- Salary - £30,000pa
- Contracted to 37.5 hours per week
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday – 08.45 – 17.15
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Benefits include – Pension, Life Assurance & Medical Insurance
As a Supply chain buyer, you will be a vital member within our supply chain. You will take ownership of purchasing, supplier selection and supplier relationship management to exceed customer service levels alongside balancing supply and demand throughout the supply chain.
Ideally you will have educated to degree level within Procurement, Engineering or Business, however, we will consider a strong background in procurement coupled with a solid understanding of Implementing strategic changes
Using your solid experience within manufacturing /engineering supply chain sector, you will support process improvements throughout our procurement process, analysing, implementing and delivering robust changes to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure prices negotiated with approved suppliers are consistent and competitive.
- Negotiate Terms & Conditions of Purchase with key suppliers.
- Develop and implement effective sourcing strategies to achieve excellent support on delivery and order fulfilment, competitive pricing.
- Develop procurement tools and applications, that strengthen the procurement process
- Ensuring adequate compliance with various standards.
- Develop supplier base to create a reliable and sustainable source of supply.
- Lead negotiation activities to drive and realise continuous improvement.
- Alignment of supplier agreements with business performance and cost objectives.
- Provide purchasing support for New Product Introduction [NPI], Product Engineering and other company initiatives managing cost and risk and maintaining continuity of quality
- Supplier compliance with company Supplier Sustainability Code
- Working with accounts department to ensure payment to agreed terms.
- Plan and execute procurement of finished goods from global manufacturers and suppliers.
- Inventory management: IQM reporting, warehouse capacity management, reduction and revaluation of stock requirements, product lifecycle management and related KPI’s
- Maintain purchase order status and shipment tracking in E1, responsibility for shipping tables and monitor open purchase orders to ensure on time deliveries. Maintain supplier KPI’s
- Maintain good working relationships and communicate directly with UK Sales departments and UK Supply DC to ensure smooth operations
- Must have solid Purchasing experience
- Working knowledge of ERP (JD Edwards) or equivalent
- Must have experience within global purchasing Including HMRC customs import requirements
- Experience in data collation and analysis.
- Ideally be a member CIPS / APICS and either hold or be working towards professional qualification
- Experience around Competitive Purchasing / Tendering
- Must have experience around Legal aspects, contract drafting and contract management
- Must be an analytical thinker who demonstrates initiative with commercial focus.
- Good communication highly articulate.
Please apply online today