A world class Engineering company in the heart of Devon, who manufacture high quality bespoke mechanical and electrical products for the disability market, seek an experienced Supply Chain Manager with some Purchasing skills in this newly created role. You will oversee the entire function with the support of a Supply Chain Coordinator, ensuring the raw materials are consistently available to meet production demands.
- To take responsibility of the purchasing department and for purchasing throughout the business.
- To take responsibility of the internal kanban levels, ensuring they are not under or overstocked in line with demand and the manufacturing process / supplier lead-times.
- Report and action out of stocks with root cause solutions.
- Introduce supplier scorecards to measure supplier performance, hold regular reviews.
- Identify material cost savings, benchmark suppliers on a regular basis.
- Improve supply chain networks where possible, ensuring there is contingency plan where possible.
- Develop the system so the material planning requirements can be run in line with demand, plan ahead for the longer lead time items out of Asia.
- Support production day to day, ensuring a constant supply of materials are in place.
- Proven experience in a varied purchasing and supply chain control position, with the ability to manage the entire function for this manufacturing business.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken.
- Ability to multi task and stay calm under pressure.
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience of ERP/MRP systems. (Advantage)
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Professional qualifications would be an advantage
- Company bonus
- 25 days holidays
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 07:30am until 4:00pm with 30 minutes unpaid lunch.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.