Would you like to work for a is a world leader in the design, Manufacture and support of helicopters Based in Yeovil as a Structural Test Engineer
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi-leave scheme and a generous relocation package
Key Responsibility Areas
- Conducting structural tests of aircraft components, that includes:
- Discussion / preparation of Test Proposals with other functions
- Calibration of test specimens and test rig components
- Setting up of tests
- Running static and fatigue tests
- Analysis of data during and post test
- Improving test methods and keeping test methods updated.Ensuring personal working practices conform to the Company Health & Safety Policy in the Test Laboratory
Skills and Qualifications required
- Degree in a relevant subject (e.g. mechanical, aeronautical or other engineering) or HNC/HND/BTEC
- and Apprenticeship together with experience in mechanical engineering and a strong desire to work in an area of Engineering with a practical aspect.
- Knowledge and experience in testing techniques including experience in the areas of:
- Structural and Component static and fatigue testing including hydraulic servo control systems.
- Experience in test instrumentation / data acquisition, data logging and data handling techniques.
- Flexible attitude with willingness and ability to work in a team environment is essential.
- IT literate.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.