The role would suit an experienced (3-8 years) technical engineer with ambitions to progress their career to an Associate level. Full support will be provided to achieve their potential within a supportive and friendly environment. Experience of undertaking structural surveys would be an advantage.
A part-time role would be considered for the right candidate.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Providing detailed technical input and ensuring quality of work output on projects requiring Detailed Structural Engineering Design.
- Report writing.
- To be involved in business development with a focus on the quality and interest of new business.
- Managing projects autonomously.
- To liaise with the client to agree the project specification, the timescale, the fee and the terms of engagement.
- To ensure that the project is undertaken to the specified budget and that all project-related fees and disbursements are accurately recorded and expediently recovered.
Candidates should meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Expertise in a range of relevant analytical software packages.
- Recent experience of detailed design for a variety of Structural Projects.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to supervise the work of more junior staff and sub-consultants.
- Ability to prepare fee proposals and project manage a commission from start to finish;
- Ability to liaise directly with client and with other consultants/suppliers.
- Ability to market the company's expertise and extend the client base.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to lead project-related discussions.
- Ability to use experience from other projects.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and to promoting the reputation of the company.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- In possession of, or working towards Chartership of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
Our client are able to offer the successful candidate the following:
- A wide variety of project work, and an interesting workload.
- Significant opportunities within a growing company.
- A competitive salary
- Pension contributions
- High quality mentoring from experienced colleagues, and assistance in delivering workload from able, conscientious junior staff.
Immediate opportunity, get in touch today for more information. Call Nuala on 0161 929 2292
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.