Staff Nurse - Disability Assessor
Salary: £41,000 - £43,000 Per Annum
Permanent contract - No shifts, nights, weekend or bank holidays!
Are you a highly motivated Registered Staff Nurse (RGN, RMN or RNLD) who's looking for a new, rewarding challenge and a chance to vastly improve your work/life balance?
If so, Meridian Business Support has an excellent opportunity for you to develop your skills and qualify as a Disability Assessor, gaining a recognised qualification.
Your primary role as a Disability Assessor will be to conduct assessments in line with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) guidelines for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - a benefit designed to help support people who are living with long-term health conditions or disabilities.
- Monday - Friday 9am-5pm (no weekends, nights or bank holidays)
- Must be HCPC / NMC registered
- 2 years Post Graduate experience
- Must be IT competent - Typing, Emails and MS packages.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- No experience necessary - full 20 week comprehensive training is provided with full salary from day 1.
- 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
- At 9-month mark, performance related £1000 increase will be put in place and again at 18-month mark
- Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
- Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
- Health screening every two years, after one year's service
- Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
- All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and many more
Life as a Disability Assessor
Due to the broad range of conditions and disabilities you will encounter, each day will be different and varied. There are clear prospects for career advancement and professional development, with your existing clinical knowledge being enhanced through the varied nature of the role. You will use your existing, and newly acquired skills, to determine how a person's health condition or disability is impacting their daily life, whilst recognising that individuals may be affected in different ways.
This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career, take on new and exciting challenges, and enjoy a genuine work/life balance within an established organisation.
The recruitment process
Meridian Business Support is a multi-sector employment agency with branches across the UK and 30 years recruitment experience. We have a branch based in Liverpool that specialise in disability recruitment. The team of Senior Consultants in Liverpool have an in-depth knowledge of the sector and a track record of placing candidates into these roles. You will have a dedicated consultant who is on call to answer any questions and take you through the application and interview process as well as arranging your start date/training date.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role and would like to start an application then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email
Samantha Hughes - 0787 686 5570 | samantha.hughes @ meridianbs.co.uk
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.