Competitive Salary DOE
15 days ago
Do you have experience in software or data engineering, along with programming experience in Python (strongly preferred), Java, and/or C++? A familiarity with data pipelines, relational databases, and/or SQL; experience with OLAP/data warehouse solutions (e.g., Redshift, Greenplum) a plus, along with the ability to creatively propose and evaluate hypotheses for solving complex problems. If so please get in touch to discuss this exciting new opportunity .
A leading quantitative investment company focused on computer-driven trading in global financial markets are looking for a Software engineer. This role will be working within a team of researchers, engineers, and financial industry professionals using sophisticated statistical models to analyze data and identify predictive signals to generate superior investment returns.
If you are looking for career fulfilment and are intellectually curious contact Mags for full description.
The Software Engineer will be working from the Exeter office as a key player in building and scaling the company's data platform, one of the cornerstones of our research infrastructure. This individual will be responsible for creating new research datasets by cleaning, normalizing, and loading data into the platform, as well as enhancing the underlying platform itself. As part of a small, focused team, the Software Engineer will collaborate closely with team members and end users, gain full stack data experience, and have immediate firmwide impact.
- Develop efficient, scalable data and research infrastructure.
- Implement robust workflows for processing structured and unstructured financial datasets.
- Analyze dataset coverage and quality; develop and maintain reusable libraries for data analysis.
- Work closely with quantitative researchers to extend and utilize the data platform.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in CS, EE, or related field.
- Two years professional experience in software or data engineering.
- Programming experience in Python (strongly preferred), Java, and/or C++.
- Familiarity with data pipelines, relational databases, and/or SQL; experience with OLAP/data warehouse solutions (e.g., Redshift, Greenplum) a plus.
- Ability to creatively propose and evaluate hypotheses for solving complex problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
If you are curious to learn more about this exciting opportunity call Mags 01392 423301 /07788 978 468
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.