Meridian Business Support are currently recruiting for a number of locum social workers across the Cardiff region. We have a variety of roles in different fields, including Children & Families, Mental Health and Older People.
These roles vary from day to day and are all on fixed term contracts ranging from 4 weeks to 9 months.
As a social worker, you'll work in a variety of settings within a framework of relevant legislation and procedures, supporting individuals, families and groups within the community.
Working as a social worker can be a challenging role yet rewarding role.
Responsibilities will include:
- conducting interviews with individuals and families to assess and review their situation
- undertaking and writing up assessments (sometimes in collaboration with other professionals), which meet specified standards and timescales
- offering information and support
- organising and managing packages of support to enable people to lead the fullest lives possible
- recommending and sometimes making decisions about the best course of action for a particular person or family
- liaising with, and making referrals to, other agencies
- participating in multidisciplinary teams and meetings regarding, for example, child protection or mental health
- maintaining accurate records and preparing reports for legal action
- giving evidence in court
- participating in training, supervision and team meetings.
To be considered for these roles you must have a minimum of 2 years' experience of working with complex cases, hold a relevant qualification in Social Work and be flexible in regards to location of work.
Meridian Business Support Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.