We are currently recruiting for an SMT Operator to work in this fast paced company.
The duties of the SMT Operator will be to set up and run SMT machines (to include solder pasting, SMT placement, reflow, inspection and rework), in a busy manufacturing environment. The successful applicant will work with the Process Engineer to carry out essential and routine maintenance of machines and help to develop the SMT manufacturing capabilities within the company.
Essential skills for this SMT Operator role include:
- Good, all-round education.
- Flexible and able to work to timescales.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Tidy, methodical worker with a strong attention to detail.
- Desire and commitment to continuously improve quality.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Both electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Good manual dexterity and eyesight.
Desired Skills for this SMT Operator role (although not essential)
- Experience of setting up and operating Solder Paste Printing machines.
- Experience of setting up and operating Surface Mount 'pick and place' machines, including kitting and de-kitting parts.
- Understand the principles of SMT Reflow Soldering.
- Background working to IPC-A-610 standards.
- A good working knowledge of electronics and components and an understanding of best working practices in an SMT environment.
- Previous experience of AOI.
- Previous experience of SMT Rework.
In return, our clients are offering competitive rates of pay. The working hours are Monday - Thursday 7.45am - 4.30pm, Friday 7.45am - 1pm.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.