Leading Civil Engineering & Building Contractor requires an experienced Site Supervisor
The successful candidate will primarily be involved in the daily inspection of the quality of the work completed on site. He/ She, along with the Project Management team will initiate continuous improvements to ensure the contract is delivered on time and within budget. This will ensure the customer's expectations are met, whilst aligning activities within industry standards.
Duties and responsibilities
Management and supervision of direct labour and sub-contractors, initially on New Build & Refurb education schemes with values £4million+. You will:
- Work collaboratively on initial site set up, ensuring Company systems and procedures are adhered to.
- Provide weekly progress reports to Project Management team.
- Liaise with local authority and utility stakeholders to facilitate work activities.
- Interpret drawings and specifications.
- Comply and maintain systems for managing site health and safety. Ensure health and safety practices are maintained to provide a safe working environment, including hazard and risk control.
- Prepare and communicate method statements and risk assessments.
- Maintain all relevant records.
- Order and manage site materials to minimise waste.
- Assist the commercial team with contract administration.
- Motivate the team on site with regular progress updates and notification of changes.
The role will be based in the Greater London area.
The successful candidate will be expected to travel as part of their role to construction sites, Company fixed locations or other locations as requested by Senior Management throughout the UK & Ireland.
- Civil Engineering Degree / Diploma or equivalent years of experience
- An appropriate and valid SAFE PASS / CSCS / CSR card.
- Full Driving License.
- Previous Experience as Site Supervisor on Build Projects.
- Experience in Traffic Management Planning and Implementation
- Previous experience in managing Sub-Contract and Direct Labour Crews
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office packages.
Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated. Capable of working on own initiative and able to motivate a team.
- Team player and leader.
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organisational skills.
- Good IT and numerical skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Self-starter able to work within a team setting.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- An excellent professional demeanour.
- Flexible approach to working hours and various different locations throughout the UK and ROI if required.
- Willingness to assume additional responsibilities in keeping with the project requirements.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.