£42000 - £47000 per annum
23 days ago
This project will be using UK-first renewable energy technology to harness low grade heat from the River Tyne, to power local buildings. So a candidate experienced in engineering construction would be ideal.
18m fixed term contract, 40 hours per week based in Jarrow, Newcastle Upon Tyne, reporting to the Project Manager.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead site team to achieve company objectives and individual targets.
- Ensure effective communication to all staff in relation to company issues as appropriate.
- Ensure the site team and Sub Contractors are inducted onto site and records maintained.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and review of site training.
- Provide advice and guidance to site staff throughout the installation and deal with any issues that may arise on site.
- Assign responsibilities, prioritise workloads and mentor site teams.
- Ensure Site Staff, Subcontractors and suppliers adhere to relevant Health and Safety Standards and Quality Controls.
- Carry out inductions for all site staff, visitors and subcontractors.
- Ensure daily compliance of site procedures from all site personnel.
- Carry out daily safety briefings, toolbox talks with all site personnel.
- Issue and manage all permits to work.
- Prior to commencing work on site, verify all method statements and risk assessments ensuring all site personnel understand what is required of them.
- Ensure all staff and contractors or site personnel have received the required training. for the tasks they undertake.
- Ensure all Health and Safety paperwork is completed and returned to the office, e.g. Daily Risk Assessment Form and Near Miss Forms.
- Monitor and ensure compliance to meet Health and Safety codes, Environmental Standards, other codes and best practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Liaise with Health & Safety Inspectors and manage their visits.
- Adhere to and promote company site security policy to protect welfare of all site staff, visitors and the general public.
- Manage the planning and coordination of on-site installations to ensure completion within time frame and budget.
- Carry out site surveys and report significant findings to the Project Manager (photographs/reports).
- Prepare Project Site Files for site installations.
- Manage permits associated with working on roads including parking suspensions permits and section 50 highway licenses.
- Cooperate and communicate with clients and other project participants to interpret their needs and requirements and present solutions/options on an ongoing basis.
- Manage and monitor site staff ensuring that all site staff and contractors have valid training cards.
- Work with the project management team, engineers and other staff, contractors, or clients to ensure provision of quality project delivery.
- Support the delivery of site material and ensure purchased equipment/hire equipment is checked and delivered as ordered.
- Report on site progress and advise where installs may not meet deadlines.
- Provide feedback on install design or improvement opportunities.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all paperwork in accordance with company policy and procedure, e.g., all framework documents, testing documents, safety documents.
- Implement any defect rectification or snagging identified.
- Prepare reports on site progress and present to management as required.
- Carry out monthly site audits and inspections.
- Witnessing mechanical and electrical on-Site Acceptance Tests.
- Manage overall quality control of project and report as required on project status.
- Receive the client or their representatives for site walkarounds etc
- Assist with the measuring of work done to date to facilitate accurate and timely payment applications.
- Attendance at client progress and risk reduction meetings as and when required.
- Currently hold a valid SMSTS (Site manager safety training scheme certificate) or CSCS/CSR platinum card
- 5 Years’ experience as Site Manager / Site Supervisor
- Experience in co-ordinating site activities on a large site with a project value of approx. £5M+
- Proficient in MS Applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, Project
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- A full current driving licence and access to a car. Consideration will be given to alternative travelling proposals in respect of applicants with a disability who cannot hold a licence
- Experience in working in renewable energy projects
- Appointed Person Training (Lifting Operations)
- Experience of setting out and site engineering
- Knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts