PERMANENT ROLE - 40 HOURS A WEEK - Shunter Driver - £22,000 pa
We need a Shunter driver for an exciting new contract within the government and defence sector based at our Milton Keynes depot.
- £10.57ph - Hourly rate
- £22,000 - Salary
- 5 days out of 7
- 07:00 - 15:00 & 11:00 - 19:00 shifts on a rotational shift basis
MUST HAVE 3 months of Class 1 Shunting experience
You will be required to complete Class 1 shunting work around the yard, completing trailer movements and supporting warehouse activities as and when needed.
This is a physical role where you will be mounting and dismounting trailers and will involve safely securing trailers with safety jacks.
- To shunt trailers around site
- Applying safety equipment to trailers
- Perform yard checks
- Directing drivers to correct bays for loading
- Trailer inspections, reporting defects
- Site cleaning as and when required
- To work within the guidelines of the company's safety culture, ensuring the safety of themselves and their colleagues at all times.
- Moving all vehicles that come on site
- Carrying out general warehouse duties in quiet periods
Experience & Qualifications:
- You must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- You must have at least 3 months shunting experience
- Must have at least 7.5t Driving licence , However, Class 1 or 2 licence preferable.
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Flexible approach to hours of work
- Able to perform in a team environment
Security clearance will need to be gained and therefore vigorous pre employment vetting will form part of the recruitment process.
£500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250
If you feel you have what it takes to be part of this winning team please APPLY ON LINE
If you have any questions about the roll call 0117 906 5810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.