We are currently recruiting for an Export and Shipping Coordinator to join the supply chain team at an international company based in Taunton. This is a fantastic company to work for who truly believe in growing their employees and promoting from within. They are a growing company where opportunities to progress and learn are highly valued.
The post holder will be responsible for goods in administration and assisting with the collation of product, managing stock stock and ordering consumables. As well as producing shipping information and ensuring export compliance documentation is completed accurately and to required deadlines.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working to Standard Operating Procedures, Quality Management Documents and matrixes, collate the required product Release and export compliance documentation for multiple individual daily shipments.
- Pre-shipment 'works order' and release document checks.
- Creation of Export Invoices using word or similar.
- Creation of electronic folders on 'Sharepoint' for each related shipment and the transfer of information electronically from other servers onto this medium.
- Final packing of product and collation of associated shipping documents per batch.
- Working from lists provided determine which product needs to be shipped, stocked, or split between the two.
- Creation of on line Air Way Bills
- Receiving, booking in, Inspection, GRNing and storing of all incoming materials, consumables, chemicals and other physical assets procured by the company.
- Co-ordinating the logistics of outsourced work, arranging collections and deliveries.
- Organising, arranging, checking stock and replenishing of all stores locations on a regular basis.
- Formally booking out of stock to employees and recording stock usage.
- Inspection of Non critical items at Goods in booking Process
Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate previous shipping or export compliance experience ideally within a manufacturing environment. You will also need to have strong numerate and literacy skills as will be expected to participate in the annual stock count. The ability to work under pressure and meet shipping deadlines is essential due to the fast paced nature of this role.
The role is initially for 12 months maternity cover with the potential to be extended after this time.
Hours of work are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 3pm on Fridays.
Rate of pay is between £9.00 and £12.00 per hour depending on experience.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.