£8.72 - £9.72 per hour
about 1 month ago
Industrial Sewing Machinist
Is sewing your passion? Do you enjoy working with textiles and fabrics to produce finished products? This is an excellent opportunity working for a company based in Taunton, Somerset. You will be making PPE for the NHS during this busy time.
If you have good attention to detail, are dexterous with excellent eye sight and have experience in using industrial sewing machines they this could be your next opportunity.
Our client based in central Taunton are looking for experienced sewing machinists to join their expanding textiles team. Their enthusiastic, committed and talented team are responsible for producing textile PPE products on time and to a high standard.
- Accurately cutting textiles to plan.
- To feed fabric sections through the machines.
- To change machine settings for different jobs.
- Hand sewing textiles of different sizes and fabrics.
- Other general duties as required.
- The successful candidate will be an experienced and competent machinist working within an industrial environment.
- Good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Excellent eye sight and the ability to spot faults in the fabric
- Must be a good team player with great communication skills.
The hours for this position are 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday, this is a temporary position working on a week by week basis.
Rates of pay are dependant on experience starting from £8.72 per hour.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.