£33000 - £34000 per annum
about 1 year ago
We are looking for a Registered Manager in Banbury. We support adults with autism to be as independent as possible in their everyday lives, both at home and in the community. They all have very different needs, interests, goals and levels of support. Our support ranges from a few hours each week, to more comprehensive care packages and 24-hour supported living for those with more complex needs. A key aspiration of the service is to enable people with autism and complex needs to achieve their aspirations and live the life of their choosing.
We are looking for a committed individual with significant management experience in residential care to maintain quality of service and have the motivation to grow and develop the service, adapting to changing needs. The post holder will be responsible for leading outstanding care and management to the entire service, ensuring individual outcomes are met for people with autism.
The role will have full legal responsibility for making sure the service ensures compliance with CQC regulation in relation with the day to day care of people accessing the service. You have responsibility for the effective management of all aspects of service. You will ensure that the needs of adults with autism are assessed, identified and met through careful programme planning and behaviour support; manage an agreed budget to provide an efficient service; supervise and manage staff performance and coordinate positive liaison with external agencies and the multi-disciplinary team.
Applicants must also have
- Good knowledge and experience of law and practice relating to adult social care
- Business and management skills to manage the work efficiently and effectively
- Financial expertise to ensure the service is run on a sound financial basis including long- term financial viability of the service.
Qualifications and Education:
- A recognised social work qualification or a professional qualification relevant to working with adults at least at level 4
- A qualification in management at least at level 4
- At least two years experience relevant to social care within the last five years
- At least two years experience supervising and managing professional staff
- Driving license essential
Appointees to the role of Registered Manager who do not have the management qualification (above) must enrol on a management training course within six months, and obtain a relevant management qualification within two years, of their appointment.
Where will you be working
Hours of work
37hrs per week including occasional evenings and weekends
Along with a host of benefits - from shopping discounts to flexible working and a competitive pension scheme - we'll make sure you get excellent autism-specific training to further your career in social care.
You'll have experience in a managerial role, the desire to progress your managerial career, and if you share our values and are willing to make a difference to the lives of autistic people, we'd love to hear from you.
Interviews will be held : TBC
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.